Prepaid cell phone plans in Canada:
- Fizz (owned by Videotron)
- SpeakOut 7-Eleven Wireless (Rogers network)
- Petro Canada Mobility (Rogers network)
- Chatr (owned by Rogers)
- Fido (owned by Rogers)
- PC Mobile (Bell or Telus network)
- Koodo (owned by Telus)
- Virgin Mobile (owned by Bell)
SpeakOut is the most cheapest prepaid cell phone plan. You pay $10 for number activation and $0.25 per minute (in or out). So you will pay $5 if you talk for 20 mins.
Cons in Fizz:
- SMS will not be received from facebook etc
- MMS does not work
- Does not show a warning if sending text message to landline
For prepaid cell phone plan you need to have your own phone. You can buy it on kijiji or on ebay. Also check out Xiaomi android device.