- Double Shift – Search Everywhere. Quickly find any file, action, symbol, tool window, or setting in IntelliJ IDEA, in your project, and in the current Git repository.
- Ctrl+Shift+A – Find Action. Find a command and execute it, open a tool window, or search for a setting.
- Alt+Enter – Show Context Actions. Quick-fixes for highlighted errors and warnings, intention actions for improving and optimizing your code.
- Ctrl+Alt+L – Reformat Code. Reformat the whole file or the selected fragment according to the current code style settings.
- Ctrl+W /or/ Ctrl+Shift+W – Extend or shrink selection. Increase or decrease the scope of selection according to specific code constructs.
- Alt+F7 – Find Usages. Show all places where a code element is used across your project.
Live templates (Located at Preferences =} Live templates):
Type: AnyVariable.log and hit ENTER. You should have: console.log(AnyVariable);
Actions on save
Go to: Preferences // Tools // Actions on save: // Enable “Reformat code” and “Optimize code”